Monday, October 19, 2009

Chris Ferguson Challenge and the road to $10,000

I really enjoy playing online hold'em and spend some time on Full Tilt. I play all freerolls and play money games and generally do really well. I recently read about how Chris Ferguson started with absolutely nothing and turned it into $10k (link) so I thought I'd give it a try as well.

I am starting with a bit of an advantage because Jen granted me $20 to play with. I will, however, be following Chris's rules for himself. They are thus:
  • He never bought into a cash game or a Sit & Go for more than 5 percent of his total bankroll; the only exception was at the lowest limits: he was allowed to buy into any game with a buy-in of $2.50 or less.
  • He didn’t buy into any multi-table tournaments for more than 2 percent of his total bankroll; the only exception was $1 MTTs.
  • If at any time during a No-Limit or Pot-Limit cash-game session the money on the table represented more than 10 percent of his total bankroll, he had to leave the game when the blinds reached him.
I'm going to blog my progress and we'll see how I do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment