Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bad beats...

After my awesome start, bad things have started happening. It seems I've changed my style a bit and am more cautious, which is leading me to being short stacked late in the game and having to scramble. Sometimes I manage to pull it out, but more often that not, I don't.

Figuring this out has been very helpful and I've started playing my normal game again. I'm playing great through the game but can 't put anyone away! I'll have 5 times their chips with pocket kings or aces, they'll go all in with a 10-6 offsuit and flop 2 pair and pull a full house on the river! No kidding! This has happened no less than 7 times in the last 2 days. Grrrr...

Anyway, I'm down below my starting amount a bit. Time to turn things around and start winning again. Time to look over "How to Play Poker Like the Pros" by Phil Helmuth and "Phil Gordon's Little Green Book" by, well, Phil Gordon...

No comments:

Post a Comment